Issue Date: 1st February 2018
Version Number: 1.00
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
This website is operated by:
We Compose Limited
Skylab, Forum 3
You can contact us at:
Terms and conditions of use of our website
The following terms and conditions inform you of the basis upon which you may use our website as a guest or a registered user.
Use of our website includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site from any device or devices.
- We recommend that you save or print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
- If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you cannot legitimately use our website.
In addition, the following other terms are accessed from our home page when you visit our website and they also apply to your use of our website (click on the links to view each document):
- Our Website Use Policy: (this document) informing you of permitted and prohibited uses of our website.
- Terms of Business: In the event you purchase products or services via our website, all transactions will be subject to our Standard Terms and Conditions, which may be accessed from the homepage of our site.
Changes to these terms
- We recommend that you visit this page periodically to review any changes as they are binding our website users.
- We may also update or change our website and content at various times and for various reasons. Such changes do not have any impact to user consent (or revocation of consent) and we have no obligation to inform users of such changes.
- We provide no guarantee, implied or otherwise, that our website or any of its content is free of errors or omissions. In addition, we provide no guarantee that;
- our site or content will always be available, or be uninterrupted.
- access to our site is permitted on any basis. We reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice.
- we accept no liability if at any time or period and for any reason our site is unavailable. You are solely responsible for all arrangements required for you to access to our website.
To ensure that our website(s) remains available to legitimate users, we reserve the right to monitor traffic and to identify any unauthorised activities, including attempts to upload or change information, or to otherwise cause damage to our website(s).
Anyone using this site consents to security monitoring.
Any unauthorised attempts to;
- modify, alter, deface, destroy or corrupt any information stored on our website(s) or systems, or
- to circumvent or otherwise avoid or defeat our security measures, or
- to install or attempt to install unauthorised software, or
- to probe, scan or test for vulnerabilities, or
- to mount denial-of-service attacks, or
- to forge TCP/IP headers, or
- to breach security or authentication measures, or
- to utilise our website(s) or systems for other than the intended purposes, are expressly prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution.
- All possible criminal activity shall be reported, together with any evidence that we may have gathered, to the appropriate authorities.
If you choose, or are provided with, an identification code or password or any other information that is part of our security procedures, such information must be treated as confidential.
- You must not disclose it to any third party without our written consent.
We reserve the right to disable any user, or their identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of our website terms and conditions.
All of the contents on our website(s), and all of contents of any downloadable or viewable documents or programmes provided to our users or clients, are our intellectual property unless otherwise stated.
Our copyright terms apply to all original works, content, publications, training, guides and other information products, whether purchased or not, that are obtained from our website(s), or otherwise acquired in any format whether or not they were obtained by accessing our website(s).
Without our express written consent, or that of the original copyright holder, our intellectual property may not be;
- copied, reproduced, modified, used to create derivative works, published, transmitted, transferred, sold, distributed, displayed, or otherwise exploited, whether in whole or in part.
Our website(s), and information posted on it, may contain links or directions or references to other information created and/or maintained by third-parties.
- We do not provide any guarantee for the relevance, accuracy, usefulness, completeness or timeliness of any linked or third-party information.
The inclusion of links or directions or references to other sites does not assign importance to those sites and the information contained in them;
- We do not endorse, recommend or favour any third-party views or products or services of those third-party sites, or any organisations sponsoring those sites, whether by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or any other reference whatsoever.
- Any reference on our website(s) to any other products or services, or the use of any brands (trade, firm or corporation name) is for the convenience of our website(s) users; it does not constitute endorsement, recommendation or favouring of any kind by us.
Any views expressed by individual users, within any web forum or other user service that allows user commentary, are entirely the views of that individual only.
- These views of individual users do not represent or reflect our views in any way whatsoever.
Free services disclaimer
We may provide various services free of charge from time to time via its website(s), including newsletters, reports and other publications.
No contract with us is expressed or implied for any free service. Therefore a user cannot become a client by using any free service.
- We are not liable in any way for use of free services or for any user liabilities resulting from the use of our free services.
These terms and conditions do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our website(s); or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- If you are a business user, please note that, in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect user devices or equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to their use of our website(s) or to users downloading of any content on our website(s), or on any other websites that may be linked to our website(s).
- As defined in our above, we assume no responsibility for the content of any other websites that may be linked or otherwise pointed to on our site.
- No endorsement by us is given or implied in relation to those linked websites.
- We accept no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of those other website(s).
Other limitations, exclusions, terms and conditions may apply to the supply of any products or services by us to website users and/or clients.
For any questions relating to your PII data, or to submit a SAR, please contact us using the details provided below:
We Compose Limited
Skylab, Forum 3
Jersey, JE2 4UF
+44 0333 303 1296
Acceptable Use Policy
Version Number: 1
Issue Date: 30th March 2018
Our acceptable use policy defines the terms that apply to users of our website(s), which include compose.agency (our site), as a guest or a registered user of our website(s).
Changes to this acceptable use policy
We recommend that you visit this page periodically to review any changes as they are binding our website users.
Some of the terms contained in this ‘acceptable use policy’ may also be superseded by terms or provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website(s).
Our site may only be used for lawful purposes.
You are prohibited from using our site;
- In any way that contravenes or breaches any local, national or international law or regulation.
- For any purpose that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has unlawful or fraudulent effect.
- In any way that may potentially harm minors or children (as defined in GDPR) or disadvantaged persons in any way whatsoever.
- For any solicitation (spam) purposes in any way.
- To knowingly use harmful or malware programmes including (but not limited to): viruses, trojans, worms, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, time-bombs, or any other harmful programmes or similar that adversely affect the operation of any computer or device software or hardware.
In addition, you agree:
◦ Not to breach our copyright terms, as defined in our Website Terms & Conditions.
◦ Not to breach our security terms, as defined in our Website Terms & Conditions.
Termination or Suspension
We Compose Limited may determine, at its absolute discretion, if there has been a breach of these ‘acceptable use policy’ terms by any user of our website(s).
When a breach of this policy has occurred, we will take any legal or other action as we deem appropriate.
We reserve the right to take any or all of the following steps, on temporary or permanent basis:
- withdrawal of your right to use our site,
- removal of any posts, commentary or uploaded information by users of our website(s),
- send a warning to users in breach that defines the breach and any actions we require by the user to correct the breach,
- apply legal enforcement against users, which may include reimbursement of costs incurred by us as a direct result of the breach,
- apply any other legal remedy as allowed in law,
- inform to appropriate law enforcement authorities, as we reasonably deem necessary or as required by law.
We Compose Limited excludes all liabilities for any actions taken as a result of a breach or breaches of our ‘acceptable use policy’.
The ‘acceptable use policy’ breach responses defined in this policy are not limited. We reserve the right to take any other action or seek any other remedy as we reasonably deem to be appropriate.